21 Jun Professional Product Images: Is Product Photography Worth It?
Why it is worth having well-lit professional product images on your website?
- Photographs quickly communicate information that words don’t
- Good quality images increase sales
- High-quality photos help to build trust with your customers
- They make your website look more appealing and help to build your brand
Quality e-commerce photos do more than just sell products and represent your brand. They can help to expand your reach and bring in new audiences. Great product photography can increase engagement and sharing, essentially growing your marketing efforts.
Photography plays a key part in visual communication and is therefore fundamental to the success of your business. Your site should appear professional across every touchpoint. This means displaying high-quality images across all visual areas.
Do not underestimate the importance of product photography, because this is one of the most powerful tools in the selling of your goods. One of the most important things regarding eCommerce is the image quality of your products. Great images can increase your sales so it’s important that this isn’t overlooked.
Having high-quality images will help potential customers to your business. Using quality, professional photography and video content across your website, social media and other digital channels not only catches the reader’s interest but also improves your visibility online.
Product photography tips & how to set up at home
- Set up your background and the product. Getting the right background and then thinking about the composition is essential. Which angles are best, what will quickly show the viewer how this item works/looks?
- Get your lighting right, obvious, but can be tricky. Stick to one light, the sun (preferably cloudy day near a window) and white reflectors.
- Use a tripod, especially if doing lots of similar products at the same angle. Essential if doing daylight images with a small aperture (to get all in focus) but a long shutter speed to get the light in the camera.
- Get the images onto the computer and edit to the correct colour, resize to fit your website image sizes, retouch if necessary and then sharpen according to size.
I offer still-life and advertising photography services as well as hiring out my beautiful photography studio with easy access to London and based within the High Weald in Sussex. Send me a message or give me a call to enquire about pricing and services.